Soy Candle v Paraffin Candle
Author: Michelle Smith Date Posted:29 January 2018
Many people ask us the difference between Soy Candles and regular Candles. Soy Candles are made from Soy Wax. Regular Candles are made from Paraffin Wax.
Paraffin Wax is a petroleum by-product. Soy Wax is made from natural soybean extracts (more commonly known as vegetable oil).
This means that Soy Candles do not increase CO2 levels in the air, unlike paraffin candles. Adding to that, soy candles doesn’t find the need for chemicals to get them scented. Which means that soy candles are much better for the environment and to have around your home.
There are many other reasons as to why Soy Candles are much better for you then paraffin wax candles, some being;
- Soybeans are vegetables, meaning that soy wax is naturally biodegradable and water soluble.
- Soy candles can burn about 50% longer than regular candles. Our particular ones have a burning time of approximately 80 hours.
- They also have a stronger and cleaner scent. Have you ever gotten a headache form a burning candle? This would be because it is a paraffin candle, and you may think that the scent gives you a headache, it’s actually the chemicals.
- The burn temperature of soy wax is a lot lower than that of paraffin wax, making them much safer around your home.
- Paraffin wax candles give off black soot, which is ultimately in the air you are breathing in.
Our Soy Candles are packed full of natural essential oils and come in five different scents;
Citrus – A strong, fruity, fresh smell of lemon-lime, great for a bathroom.
Rain – A subtle, refreshing scent, ideal for tropical places.
Vanilla – That rich, sweet scent we all love!
Pear & Pomegranate – A one-of-a-kind fruity scent that packs a punch and sweetens the air.
Jade Lotus–Similar to a gardenia scent of fresh flowers, great for the outdoors lover.